Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Idea for Action Research Topic

   My original idea for action research was to research the effectiveness of the use of iPad math apps towards student's math achievement.  Upon meeting with my interning principal and assistant it was decided that our iPads didn't have the necessary math apps for such research.  Upon further discussion with my assistant principal, it was decided that I could research the effectiveness of interactive science notebooks at our campus.  It is mandatory that all grade levels use the interactive notebooks this year on this particular campus.  I am curious as to how these notebooks will help the bilingual classes in science on our campus. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very interesting topic. I'm glad you had support from your administrators. I would be interested to know what an interactive science notebook entails. I don't think I've heard of one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is very important to research strategies that will help our bilingual students...and science is a critical content area so the combo of increasing bilingual science students achievement is a great idea. We use interactive science notebooks in our school but not all teachers utilize them as often as they should so I'd love to share your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teach science and this is very interesting to me for one because I have never heard of an interactive science notebook. Do they have interactive lab experiments as well? Science is a tough enough subject for so many students and when you throw the kids being bilingual in there it really muddies up some of these abstract concepts because many of the descriptive words you use to describe the ideas may not be words that translate. I really would like to know what kind of information you are getting as you go along. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete