Identify Concerns that must change (look to the future)
1. Help students develop a sense of pride and ownership of interactive notebooks which
may help student success in the classroom.
2. Implementation of new ideas with interactive notebooks to help students achieve
3. More staff training on ways to use interactive student notebooks.
Identify Affirmations that must be sustained (look to the present)
1. All grade levels continue to use the interactive notebooks for various subjects
2. Teachers use the interactive notebooks as a showcase of knowledge learned for
specific subjects to share with parents, administrators, and students to have as a
3. Students write more in notebooks rather than glue handouts.
SMART Recommendations that must be implemented:
(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely)
1. All teachers follow a basic guideline of using the interactive notebooks that can be
extended upon from year to year.
2. Spiral notebooks be provided or included on the student’s supply list every year.
3. Use interactive notebooks as part of student’s grade towards a particular subject.
EVALUATE – Specifically and Often
(Identify the best ways to evaluate the implemented recommendations.)
1. Walk-throughs of administrators
2. Random selected students share notebooks with administrators on a weekly/monthly
3. Interactive notebooks displayed at parent conferences, group meetings, etc. to have
reflective conversations regarding their content.
This is my Tool 8.1 CARE MODEL planning tool from Examining What We Do to Improve Our Schools by Sandra Harris, Stacey Edmonson, Julie Combs.
Research EDLD 5301
Please feel free to comment on its’ contents. Your comments will help me expand my knowledge of my action research.